It has nothing to do with writing but bear with me. Hopefully many of you are familiar with the ABC show, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. If not, what happens is they choose a deserving family whose house is falling down around them, send them on vacation for a week and build them basically a mansion. This week, the family was from Long Island and are huge Yankee Fans. On Sunday they were informed of their good fortune, led onto the field and given the best seats in the house. They are currently on vacation now and construction is well underway on the house.
Why am I telling you this you ask? Well, because tomorrow a bus full of Yankee Stadium employees will be headed over to Long Island to help finish this house … and I will be on it!!!!
I’ve wanted to do this for so long. My mother and I watch the show faithfully every Sunday and cry each time. Some of the stories truly are gut wrenching and the squalor in which some people live – right here in America - is appalling. I know that I am very fortunate with everything I have and my amazing family, friends and job. To be able to give back will be a wonderful experience. Knowing that I will be helping make some people’s lives a little easier will be extraordinarily rewarding.
And I’ll probably have some great story material!
And to other business. Bethany has so generously awarded me with the Versatile Blogger Award! Why thank you very much Bethany! You should be sure to check her out at her blog. As she said, she and I frequent the same blog circle and have a great time reading what the other has to say
So now for seven things about me:
- I’m a ginger, in case you can’t tell from the photo and the fact that all my female protagonists are gingers as well.
- I am the oldest of four children. Sometimes I consider it such an accomplishment that it could be worthy of going on my resume. And if you lived in my house you would understand these sentiments. Great family yes. Are they insane? Let’s just say they’re Irish and Italian and leave it at that.
- I’m a singer. I like to think a good one sometimes too
- I hate potatoes.
- While I am a thoroughly modern girl, I do have quite the soft-spot for anything vintage. I do believe I was born 90 years too late.
- My senior prom dress still fits like a glove.
- Most importantly, I’m a writer (but you knew that).
Now to tag 15 other deserving bloggers:
- Once again, OllinMorales. His most recent post should be read with a box of tissues at hand.
- Corra McFeydon
- June H.
- Unabridged Girl
- Brown Paper Bag Girl
- Slightly Ignorant
- 83 October
- A Blank White Page
- Writing on Thin Ice
- Hema P.
All are fantastic bloggers with versatile writing skills and great things to say! If you’ve already received this award, oh well. You deserve it again
Remember, blogfest on Friday!! For the guidelines click here!
Creative Writing Goals
Obviously have the blogfest short story completed by Friday. It’s almost done! Try and pound it out tonight.
Lifeguard: Plan this out better and write some of it, if I feel so inclined.
Hunter: I’m REALLY pumped about this one! It’s been in the back of my mind for a while but has only recently been coming forward in bits and pieces. Goal – get some of it plotted and a rough outline for at lease one of the character’s storylines.